- Ask students roll a dice twice.
- The first roll tells them how many pizzas to draw.
- The second roll tells them how many pepperonis to put on EACH pizza.
- Then they write the number sentence that will help them answer the question, “How many pepperonis in all?”
For example, I roll a dice and get 4 so I draw 4 big pizzas. I roll again and I get 3 so I put three pepperonis on each pizza. Then I write 4 x 3 = 12 and that tells me that there are 12 pepperonis in all.
- 2 dice per player
- 10 or more snap cubes per player