Online Course from Jo Boaler
Jo Boaler’s groundbreaking course, “How To Learn Math for Teachers,” is available for online registration! Re-recorded in 2016, this update to the original course includes new videos and research. The course has been hugely popular among teachers, taken by over 50,000 people.
At the end of the course:
- 96% of participants said they were more excited about teaching math
- 95% of participants said they would change their teaching because of the course
The course includes:
- New brain and learning research
- Teaching strategies for increasing students’ math motivation and achievement
- Interviews with thought leaders such as Carol Dweck & Sebastian Thrun.
- Several classroom teaching videos to watch and consider with master teachers such as Cathy Humphreys
- Teaching strategies for increasing students’ number sense and understanding and for making algebra exciting and meaningful
- Teaching strategies for reaching all students and for motivating de-motivated students
- Research based good practice for assessment and grading
This course is self paced and can be taken at any time. Districts can give approximately 30 hours of credit to individuals who take the course and gain a Statement of Accomplishment.
Course tuition starts at $125 per person and individuals can register online using a personal or school/district credit card. No other materials or textbooks need to be purchased.
Group registration and additional payment options are available by completing this form and sending it to email@example.com. Upon receipt of the completed form, an invoice will be issued to the group’s employer and emailed to the group coordinator. Groups are eligible for discounted tuition based on the number of participants, as outlined below:
- $99 per participant for groups of 5-29 people
- $80 per participant for groups of 30-229 people
- $50 per participant for groups of 230 or more people